51 Surprising Hobbies That Can Actually Make You Money Online
If you have a good internet connection, here are simple things you can do for money.
- Start freelancing: gig economy sites such as Upwork are good places to find jobs.
- Write: start with research papers and articles.
- Design T-shirts and websites: check out 99 Designs and CafePress.
- Start a blog: run ads on the blog or use it to get writing clients.
- Affiliate marketing: recommend products through an affiliate link on your blog.
- Sell products: your site can act as an online store too.
- Sell on eBay/Amazon: you can sell pretty much anything.
- Create a course: teach others what you know through an online course.
- Paid surveys: express your opinion on survey sites and get paid.
- Browse the internet: sites like Swagbucks pay you to do simple things on the internet.
- YouTube channel: instead of a blog, you could make videos.
- Sell Accounts/Video Games: sell old video games and your video game accounts.
- Invest: set aside a little money and invest in stocks.
- Sell your used books: Bookscouter is a great site for this.
Make Money Locally
Your local community could use the following services.
- Handmade products: sell your work on Craigslist or at local fairs.
- Become a handyman: sign up on TaskRabbit and do repairs in your neighborhood.
- Shovel driveways or mow lawns: help neighbors and make money.
- Fitness rewards program: Achievement gives you fitness rewards.
- Sell fresh produce: put your garden into good use.
- Recycle wood pallets: you will make money and protect the environment.
- Recycle bottles and cans: collect glass bottles and soda cans then sell them.
- Flip garage sale stuff: resell what you find at your local garage sale.
- Tutor: help students in your neighborhood.
- Music lessons: pass on your music skills to someone else.
- Street musician: people love music and they will pay.
- Referee youth sports: you could earn a good amount.
- Fitness class: find a fitness class to teach in your local community.
- Babysit: sign up on Care.com to get gigs.
- Care for pets: walk dogs or watch other people’s pets.
- Clean houses: if you love cleaning, this is a perfect side hustle.
- Clean commercial businesses: this can be professional buildings such as medical offices.
- Decorate homes: everyone wants a beautiful home.
- Drive others around: sign up on Lyft.
- Deliver phone books: you will keep fit and make money.
- Nutrition/cooking classes: teach people to eat healthily.
- Become a photographer: try wedding photography or family portraits.
- Play/sing at weddings: use your talent to entertain for money.
Shop for Money
- Mystery shopper: you will be paid for your feedback.
- Shop for people who can’t or have time.
- Shop with Rakuten: you will get cashback.
- Sell plasma: each visit can make you $50.
- Sell firewood.
- Sell local honey.
- Be a guinea pig for medical research.
- Run ads on your car.
- Sell domain names.
- Take part in a mock trial.
- Rent out your car.
- Rent a room/house on Airbnb.
- Sell real estate.
- Bake your best recipes and sell them to friends.