71 Passive Income Ideas to Stop Trading Time for Money
A recession comes and goes, but it’s always good to prepare even in good times. Below are 71 proven ways to earn money in bad times and good.
- Affiliate commissions: refer customers to a product and earn commission.
- Podcasting: sponsor products/services on your podcast.
- Kindle book sales: self-publish a book and sell it on Amazon.
- Paperback book sales: make a paperback edition of your kindle books.
- Audiobooks: create an audiobook edition as well.
- Dividend investing: buy shares to get dividend cash flow.
- Udemy course sales: if you are good at something, teach people how to do it via an online course.
- Selling digital products on Fiverr: try selling your books on Fiverr too.
- Merch by Amazon: upload designs and leave the rest to Amazon.
- Display ads: show ads on your websites and make a few extra bucks.
- Sell a featured listing: if your site has a directory component, businesses will pay for the top “featured” slot.
- Non-Display Ads: this involves allowing advertisers to have retargeting scripts on the site.
- YouTube Ads: you only need 1000 subscribers to use Google’s monetization.
- Fundrise: this lets people invest in real estate with a low minimum investment.
- PeerStreet: you help real estate flippers and earn a percentage on your investment.
- Worthy bonds: this is a great way to diversify your portfolio.
- Credit card rewards: think free gift cards, cash back, etc.
- Cash back apps: some of the apps include Pei, Fetch Rewards, Wikibuy, etc.
- Mint Mobile: this is a cheaper service provider that helps you save more.
- Trim: If you want to cut back your expenses, this app will help.
- Debt-free life: no debt means more money in your pocket at the end of the month.
- Commute-free life: work from home to save more.
- Rent, don’t buy: in some areas, renting is cheaper.
- Savings account interest: the interest is not much, but it is something.
- Checking account interest: every penny counts.
- DiversyFund: it is an eREIT.
- Roofstock: this one is for real estate too.
- AcreTrader: for America’s farmland investing.
- RealtyMogul: it’s a real estate crowdfunding site.
- YieldStreet: only for accredited investors.
- Website investing: create a website to make money.
- Raw land flipping
- Royalty exchange: this involves buying future royalties.
Peer-to-Peer Lending Platforms
- Lending Club
- RateSetter: for diversified loan portfolios
- Certificate of deposits: this is a safe option.
Passive Income Through Business Lending
You can earn by lending cash to small businesses using the following options.
- Funding Circle
Building Income for Passive Cash Flow
- Make an email course.
- Come up with an online course.
- Get into software/app development.
- Music licensing.
- Photo licensing.
- Alexa skill development.
- Voice over royalties.
- Subcontract a service business.
- Sell a digital guide or file.
- Drop shipping.
- Vending machines.
Selling Assets or Sharing Ideas for Passive Income
- Amazon FBA.
- License product ideas.
- Rent out your spare room.
- Rent out your vehicle.
- Rent out the RV.
- Rent out the boat.
- Rent out the backyard.
- Grow marijuana.
- Rent out unused stuff.
- Rent out your attic/garage.
- Rent out the parking space.
- Share your data.
- Rent your bandwidth.
- Use your car as a billboard.
Reverse passive Income Ideas
- Cut car insurance costs.
- Don’t go to the gym.
- Use the Dosh app.